Senior Living in 01201 (Pittsfield, MA)
- 01201 scores the same as the Pittsfield, MA average of 67.
- 01201 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01201 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Berkshire Medical Center Inc).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Hillcrest Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Side By Side, and Rosewood Homestyle Assisted Living.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 84 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Berkshire Hills Country Club, Country Club of Pittsfield, and General Electric Athletic Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Berkshire Community College)..
- There are 16 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, All Souls Catholic Mission, and Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,684, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,154, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,986, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.80%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 01201 has an average population density of 878.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.49%.