Senior Living in 01220 (Adams, MA)
- 01220 scores the same as the Adams, MA average of 66.
- 01220 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01220 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (North Adams Regional Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including North Adams Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Williamstown Commons Nursing and Rehab Center, and Sweet Brook Rehabilitation & Nursing Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Forest Park Country Club, North Adams Country Club, and Waubeeka Golf Links.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Forest Park Country Club, Mount Greylock State Reservation, and Peter W. Foote Vietnam Veterans Memorial Skating Rink.
- There are 12 churches nearby, including First Congregational Church, Notre Dame Church of Adams, and St Mark\'s Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,149, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,234, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,669, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.71%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 01220 has a sparse population density of 349.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.41%.