Senior Living in 01224 (Berkshire, MA)
- 01224 scores the same as the Berkshire, MA average of 78.
- 01224 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01224 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Berkshire Medical Center Inc).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Sugar Hill Senior Living Community, Craneville Place of Dalton, and Laurel Ridge Senior Residence.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Wahconah Country Club, Berkshire Hills Country Club, and Country Club of Pittsfield.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Wahconah Falls State Park, Berkshire Community College, and Mount Greylock State Reservation.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Dalton United Methodist, First Congregational Church, and St Agnes Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,963, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $87,625, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,188, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.56%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 01224 has an average population density of 654.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.10%.