Senior Living in 01226 (Dalton, MA)
- 01226 scores the same as the Dalton, MA average of 71.
- 01226 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01226 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Craneville Place of Dalton, Sugar Hill Senior Living Community, and Laurel Ridge Senior Residence.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Wahconah Country Club, Bas-Ridge Golf Course, and Forest Park Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Wahconah Falls State Park, Windsor State Forest, and Savoy Mountain State Forest.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Dalton United Methodist, St Agnes Catholic Church, and First Congregational Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,789, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,900, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,554, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.88%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 01226 has a sparse population density of 263.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 93.08%.