Senior Living in 01236 (Housatonic, MA)
- 01236 scores the same as the Housatonic, MA average of 76.
- 01236 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01236 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Austen Riggs Center and Fairview Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Fairview Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Kindred Nursing And Rehabilitation-Laurel Lake, and Kindred Assisted Living - Laurel Lake.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Stockbridge Golf Club, Egremont Country Club, and Wyantenuck Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Monument Mountain Reservation, Berkshire Botanical Gardens, and Beartown State Forest.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including First Congregational Church, Almond Hj Rev, and United Church of Christ.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,808, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,250, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,301, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.05%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 01236 has a sparse population density of 314.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.44%.