Senior Living in 01237 (Lanesboro, MA)
- 01237 scores the same as the Lanesboro, MA average of 82.
- 01237 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01237 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Berkshire Medical Center Inc).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Laurel Ridge Senior Residence, Mt. Greylock Extended Care Facility, and Rosewood Homestyle Assisted Living.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 89 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Skyline Country Club, Berkshire Hills Country Club, and Country Club of Pittsfield.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Mount Greylock State Reservation, Forest Park Country Club, and Berkshire Community College.
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Assumption Rectory, St Mary of the Assumption Ch, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $84,133, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,072, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,853, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.36%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 01237 has a very sparse population density of 40.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.71%.