Senior Living in 01254 (Richmond, MA)
- 01254 scores the same as the Richmond, MA average of 87.
- 01254 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01254 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Austen Riggs Center and Berkshire Medical Center Inc).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Kimball Farms Nursing Care Center, Hallkeen Assisted Living - Cameron House, and Devonshire Estates.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 87 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (47% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Cranwell Resort & Golf Club, Stockbridge Golf Club, and Country Club of Pittsfield.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Berkshire Botanical Gardens, Berkshire Community College, and Monument Mountain Reservation.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Trinity Episcopal Church, First Congregational Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $133,917, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $91,250, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $55,317, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.23%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 01254 has a very sparse population density of 66.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.19%.