Senior Living in 01255 (Sandisfield, MA)
- 01255 scores the same as the Sandisfield, MA average of 74.
- 01255 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01255 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Fairview Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Berkshire Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center, Timberlyn Heights Rehabilitation and Care Center, and Kindred Nursing and Rehab Center - Great Barrington.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Blandford Club, The, Green Woods Country Club, and Egremont Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Sandisfield State Forest, Tolland State Forest, and Tyringham Cobble Park.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Church of Christ Congregation, Immaculate Conception Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,997, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,104, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,746, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.48%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 01255 has a very sparse population density of 17.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.08%.