Senior Living in 01256 (Savoy, MA)
- 01256 scores the same as the Savoy, MA average of 78.
- 01256 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01256 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (North Adams Regional Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including North Adams Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Williamstown Commons Nursing and Rehab Center, and Craneville Place of Dalton.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Forest Park Country Club, North Adams Country Club, and Wahconah Country Club.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Savoy Mountain State Forest, Windsor State Forest, and Forest Park Country Club.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including First Congregational Church, Notre Dame Church of Adams, and St Mark\'s Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,842, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,068, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,725, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.91%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 01256 has a very sparse population density of 19.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.22%.