Senior Living in 01258 (South Egremont, MA)
- 01258 scores the same as the South Egremont, MA average of 84.
- 01258 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01258 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Fairview Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Noble Horizons, Timberlyn Heights Rehabilitation and Care Center, and Kindred Nursing and Rehab Center - Great Barrington.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (48% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Undermountain Golf Course, Egremont Country Club, and Wyantenuck Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Mount Washington State Forest, Taconic State Park, and Mount Everett State Reservation.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Copake United Methodist Church, Our Lady of the Valley Rectory, and Our Lady of Valley Rectory.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,773, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,625, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,645, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.96%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 01258 has a very sparse population density of 14.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.12%.