Senior Living in 01259 (Southfield, MA)
- 01259 scores the same as the Southfield, MA average of 83.
- 01259 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01259 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Fairview Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Berkshire Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center, Geer Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Beckley House.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Wyantenuck Country Club, Egremont Country Club, and Green Woods Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Sandisfield State Forest, Mount Everett State Reservation, and Mount Riga State Park.
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Congregational Church, St Joseph\'s Church, and Canaan United Methodist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,229, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,462, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,672, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.91%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 01259 has a very sparse population density of 25.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.28%.