Senior Living in 01262 (Stockbridge, MA)
- 01262 scores the same as the Stockbridge, MA average of 78.
- 01262 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01262 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Austen Riggs Center and Fairview Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Kindred Assisted Living - Laurel Lake, Kindred Nursing And Rehabilitation-Laurel Lake, and Kimball Farms .
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (47% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Stockbridge Golf Club, Greenock Country Club, and Cranwell Resort & Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Berkshire Botanical Gardens, Monument Mountain Reservation, and Beartown State Forest.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including First Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, and St Mary\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,572, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,456, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,426, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.02%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 01262 has a sparse population density of 102.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.81%.