Senior Living in 01270 (Windsor, MA)
- 01270 scores the same as the Windsor, MA average of 87.
- 01270 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01270 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Austen Riggs Center, Berkshire Medical Center Inc, and Fairview Hospital.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Kindred Nursing And Rehabilitation-Laurel Lake, Kindred Assisted Living - Laurel Lake, and Kimball Farms .
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 112 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Cranwell Resort & Golf Club, Stockbridge Golf Club, and Greenock Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including October Mountain State Forest, Berkshire Botanical Gardens, and Tyringham Cobble Park.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including United Church of Christ, Trinity Episcopal Church, and First Congregational Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,394, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,412, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,654, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.65%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 01270 has a very sparse population density of 24.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.37%.