Senior Living in 01331 (Athol, MA)
- 01331 scores the same as the Athol, MA average of 64.
- 01331 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01331 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Athol Memorial Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Providence Cliff Senior Residence, Quabbin Valley Healthcare, and Baldwinville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Ellinwood Country Club, Petersham Country Club, and Winchendon Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Templeton Common Historic District and Otter River State Forest).
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Athol-orange Baptist Church, Athol Congregationl Parsonage, and Athol Congregation Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,316, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,274, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,957, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.38%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01331 has a sparse population density of 249.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.29%.