Senior Living in 01337 (Bernardston, MA)
- 01337 scores the same as the Bernardston, MA average of 82.
- 01337 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01337 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Baystate Franklin Medical Center, Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, and Brattleboro Retreat.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Poet\'s Seat Health Care Center, Vernon ADvent Christian Home, and Farren Care Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Crumpin-Fox Club, Country Club of Greenfield, The, and Meadows Golf Course, The.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Connecticut River Greenway State Park, Northfield Mountain Ski Center, and Fort Dummer State Park.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including United Church of Bernardston, St James Episcopal Church, and Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,762, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,556, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,634, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.69%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01337 has a very sparse population density of 69.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.87%.