Senior Living in 01340 (Colrain, MA)
- 01340 scores the same as the Colrain, MA average of 77.
- 01340 scores the same as the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01340 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Baystate Franklin Medical Center, Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, and Brattleboro Retreat.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Association For Community Living, Charlene Manor Extended Care Facility, and Buckley Healthcare Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Edge Hill Golf Course, Country Club of Greenfield, The, and Meadows Golf Course, The.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Abbotts Glen Clothing Optional Inn And Nudist Resort and South River State Forest).
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Trinity Church, 1St Congregational, and Blessed Sacrament Catholic Ch.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,261, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,938, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,055, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.43%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01340 has a very sparse population density of 38.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.69%.