Senior Living in 01354 (Gill, MA)
- 01354 scores the same as the Gill, MA average of 78.
- 01354 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01354 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Baystate Franklin Medical Center).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Vernon ADvent Christian Home, Applewood Center, and Poet\'s Seat Health Care Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Oak Ridge Golf Club, Northfield Golf Club, and Thomas Memorial Golf & Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Mount Grace State Forest, Erving State Forest, and Northfield Mountain Ski Center.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including St Patrick\'s Church, Seventh Day Adventist Church, and Advent Christian Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,635, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,800, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,288, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.56%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01354 has a sparse population density of 109.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.55%.