Senior Living in 01360 (Northfield, MA)
- 01360 scores the same as the Northfield, MA average of 77.
- 01360 scores the same as the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01360 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Baystate Franklin Medical Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Vernon ADvent Christian Home, Applewood Center, and Poet\'s Seat Health Care Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Northfield Golf Club, Oak Ridge Golf Club, and Thomas Memorial Golf & Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Northfield Mountain Ski Center, Erving State Forest, and Connecticut River Greenway State Park.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including St Patrick\'s Church, Our Lady of Czestochowas Ch, and Our Lady of Peace Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,345, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,667, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,001, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.53%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01360 has a very sparse population density of 88.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.85%.