Senior Living in 01364 (Orange, MA)
- 01364 scores the same as the Orange, MA average of 64.
- 01364 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01364 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Athol Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Quabbin Valley Healthcare, Providence Cliff Senior Residence, and Baldwinville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Ellinwood Country Club, Northfield Golf Club, and Petersham Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Erving State Forest, Wendell State Forest, and Mount Grace State Forest.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Parish, Community Church of Orange, and Starrett Memorial Methodist.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,490, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,801, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,980, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.94%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01364 has a sparse population density of 203.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.72%.