Senior Living in 01368 (Royalston, MA)
- 01368 scores the same as the Royalston, MA average of 75.
- 01368 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01368 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Athol Memorial Hospital and Heywood Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Broadview, Inc., Baldwinville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Providence Cliff Senior Residence.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Ellinwood Country Club, Winchendon Country Club, and Gardner Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Otter River State Forest, Rhododendron State Park, and Mount Grace State Forest.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including Athol Congregation Church, Starrett Memorial Methodist, and Athol Congregationl Parsonage.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,907, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,609, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,031, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.59%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01368 has a very sparse population density of 30.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.97%.