Senior Living in 01370 (Shelburne Falls, MA)
- 01370 scores the same as the Shelburne Falls, MA average of 76.
- 01370 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01370 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Baystate Franklin Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Association For Community Living, Charlene Manor Extended Care Facility, and Buckley Healthcare Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Edge Hill Golf Course, Country Club of Greenfield, The, and Meadows Golf Course, The.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including South River State Forest, Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory, and DAR State Forest.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Trinity Church, 1St Congregational, and Blessed Sacrament Catholic Ch.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,330, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,594, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,437, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.40%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01370 has a very sparse population density of 82.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.57%.