Senior Living in 01373 (South Deerfield, MA)
- 01373 scores the same as the South Deerfield, MA average of 83.
- 01373 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01373 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including University Health Services, Veterans Affairs Med Center, and Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,the.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including New England Health Center, Association Community Living, and Highland Valley Elder Service.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Beaver Brook Golf Club, Pine Grove Golf Course, and Northampton Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Mount Sugarloaf State Reservation, Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory, and South River State Forest.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including First Church of Deerfield, Holy Name of Jesus, and St Joseph\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,466, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,393, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,796, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.89%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01373 has a sparse population density of 190.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.93%.