Senior Living in 01375 (Sunderland, MA)
- 01375 scores the same as the Sunderland, MA average of 75.
- 01375 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01375 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (University Health Services).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including New England Health Center, Association Community Living, and Center For Extended Care at Amherst.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Amherst Golf Club, Hickory Ridge Country Club, and Cherry Hill Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Mount Sugarloaf State Reservation, Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory, and Haigis Mall.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including United Church of Christ, Holy Name of Jesus, and First Church of Deerfield.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,469, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,208, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,090, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.39%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01375 has a sparse population density of 258.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.75%.