Senior Living in 01379 (Wendell, MA)
- 01379 scores the same as the Wendell, MA average of 81.
- 01379 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01379 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (University Health Services and Baystate Franklin Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Quabbin Valley Healthcare, Farren Care Center, and New England Health Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Thomas Memorial Golf & Country Club, Northfield Golf Club, and Oak Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Lake Wyola State Park, Wendell State Forest, and Erving State Forest.
- There are 28 churches nearby, including United Church of Christ, St Mary\'s Parish, and Community Church of Orange.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,354, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,375, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,640, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.56%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01379 has a very sparse population density of 26.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.22%.