Senior Living in 01431 (Ashby, MA)
- 01431 scores the same as the Ashby, MA average of 76.
- 01431 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01431 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Friendship Manor, Golden LivingCenter-Fitchburg, and The Highlands.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Townsend Ridge Country Club, Oak Hill Country Club, and Maplewood Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Willard Brook State Forest, Pearl Hill State Park, and Doyle Conservation Area.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Ashby Congregational Church, Apostolic Lutheran Church, and Ashburnham Community Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,403, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $82,614, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,434, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.35%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01431 has a sparse population density of 129.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.56%.