Senior Living in 01434 (Devens, MA)
- 01434 scores the same as the Devens, MA average of 73.
- 01434 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01434 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nashoba Valley Medical Center).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Nashoba Park, Apple Valley Center, and River Court Residences.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (6% of the total population).
- There are 85 golf courses nearby, including Devens Golf Course, Red Tail Golf Club, and Groton Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Oxbow National Wildlife Refuge)..
- There are 23 churches nearby, including New Hope Baptist Church-Ayer, Apple Valley Baptist Church, and St Andrew\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $95,542, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $100,288, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $13,612, which is in the top 95% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.89%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01434 has a sparse population density of 339.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.99%.