Senior Living in 01440 (Gardner, MA)
- 01440 scores the same as the Gardner, MA average of 61.
- 01440 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01440 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Heywood Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Wachusett Manor, Gardner Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Baldwinville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Gardner Municipal Golf Course, Westminster Country Club, and Woods of Westminster, The.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Dunn Pond State Park, Templeton Common Historic District, and Otter River State Forest.
- There are 21 churches nearby, including Bethany Baptist Church, Holy Spirit Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,696, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,174, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,919, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.73%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01440 has an average population density of 846.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.26%.