Senior Living in 01468 (Templeton, MA)
- 01468 scores the same as the Templeton, MA average of 74.
- 01468 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01468 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Heywood Hospital and Athol Memorial Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Baldwinville Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Gardner Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Wachusett Manor.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Gardner Municipal Golf Course, Ellinwood Country Club, and Petersham Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Templeton Common Historic District, Dunn Pond State Park, and Otter River State Forest.
- There are 23 churches nearby, including First Church of Templeton, First Church of Templeton, and East Templeton United Meth Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,032, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,464, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,151, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.88%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01468 has a sparse population density of 187.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.13%.