Senior Living in 01469 (Townsend, MA)
- 01469 scores the same as the Townsend, MA average of 80.
- 01469 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01469 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nashoba Valley Medical Center).
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Maplewood Farm Retirement Homes, Independent Living Facility, and River Court Residences.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 81 golf courses nearby, including Townsend Ridge Country Club, Maplewood Golf Course, and Groton Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Pearl Hill State Park, Willard Brook State Forest, and Beaver Brook Association.
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Townsend Congregational Church, St Joseph\'s Catholic Church, and Pepperel Christian Fellowship.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,685, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,219, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,075, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.24%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01469 has a sparse population density of 297.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.84%.