Senior Living in 01473 (Westminster, MA)
- 01473 scores the same as the Westminster, MA average of 79.
- 01473 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01473 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Heywood Hospital and Healthalliance Hospitals, Inc).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Gardner Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Wachusett Manor, and Caldwell Home Elder Care.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 97 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 63 golf courses nearby, including Woods of Westminster, The, Westminster Country Club, and Gardner Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Leominster State Forest, Dunn Pond State Park, and Wachusett Mountain State Reservation.
- There are 46 churches nearby, including Redemption Rock Church, First Congregational Church, and St Edward the Confessor.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,377, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,632, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,391, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.75%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01473 has a sparse population density of 205.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.91%.