Senior Living in 01503 (Berlin, MA)
- 01503 scores the same as the Berlin, MA average of 87.
- 01503 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01503 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Clinton Hospital Association, Marlborough Hospital, and Westborough State Hospital.
- There are 72 senior living facilities in the area, including Hallkeen Assisted Living - Corcoran House, Marlborough Hills Rehabiltiation and Health Care Center, and The Reservoir Center For Health and Rehabilitation.
- There are 25 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 155 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 108 golf courses nearby, including Berlin Country Club, International Course at International Golf Club, The, and Twin Springs Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Tower Hill Botanic Garden, Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge, and Oxbow National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 60 churches nearby, including Church of the Good Shepherd, Trinity Lutheran Church, and St John\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $111,578, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $94,712, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,503, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.23%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01503 has a sparse population density of 220.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.69%.