Senior Living in 01521 (Holland, MA)
- 01521 scores the same as the Holland, MA average of 73.
- 01521 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01521 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Johnson Memorial Hospital and Harrington Memorial Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Sturbridge Retirement Community Associate Clubhouse, Southbridge Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, and Palmer Healthcare Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Hemlock Ridge Golf Course, Cohasse Country Club, and Quaboag Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Nipmuck State Forest and Wells State Park).
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Holland Congregational Church, St Christopher\'s Rectory, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,443, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,565, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,835, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.61%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 01521 has a sparse population density of 201.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.95%.