Senior Living in 01522 (Jefferson, MA)
- 01522 scores the same as the Jefferson, MA average of 83.
- 01522 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01522 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Adcare Hospital Of Worcester Inc, Umass Memorial Medical Center, and Fairlawn Rehab Hospital.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in the area, including Holden Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center, Oakdale Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center, and Sterling Village.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 181 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 72 golf courses nearby, including Holden Hills Country Club, Wachusett Country Club, and Bedrock Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Moore State Park, Tower Hill Botanic Garden, and Elm Park.
- There are 85 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Catholic Church, St Francis Episcopal Church, and Immanuel Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,950, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $81,571, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,989, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.76%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01522 has a sparse population density of 202.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.64%.