Senior Living in 01523 (Lancaster, MA)
- 01523 scores the same as the Lancaster, MA average of 75.
- 01523 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01523 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Clinton Hospital Association and Healthalliance Hospitals, Inc).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including River Terrace Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, Sunrise of Leominster, and Hallkeen Assisted Living - Corcoran House.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 73 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 75 golf courses nearby, including International Course at International Golf Club, The, Twin Springs Golf Course, and Sterling Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Oxbow National Wildlife Refuge, Doyle Field, and Doyle Conservation Area.
- There are 23 churches nearby, including College Church of Sda, Seventh-Day Adventist Village, and Abbey St Benedict.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $115,647, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $89,731, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,640, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.27%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01523 has a sparse population density of 301.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.61%.