Senior Living in 01535 (North Brookfield, MA)
- 01535 scores the same as the North Brookfield, MA average of 69.
- 01535 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01535 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Quaboag Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center, The Meadows of Central Massachusetts, and The Overlook Health Center.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Bay Path Golf Course, Quail Hollow Country Club, and Kettle Brook Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Moore State Park and Wells State Park).
- There are 17 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Rectory, Mary Queen of Rosary Chr, and East Brookfield Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,251, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,009, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,106, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.17%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01535 has a sparse population density of 220.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.42%.