Senior Living in 01536 (North Grafton, MA)
- 01536 scores the same as the North Grafton, MA average of 81.
- 01536 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01536 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Umass Memorial Medical Center Inc, Worcester State Hospital, and Saint Vincent Hospital.
- There are 54 senior living facilities in the area, including Crescent Manor Rest Home, CareOne at Millbury, and Shrewsbury Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 235 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 79 golf courses nearby, including Highfields Golf & Country Club, Clearview Country Club, and Indian Meadows Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Upton State Forest, Green Hill Park, and Elm Park.
- There are 103 churches nearby, including Baptist Church, Evangelical Congregational Chr, and St John\'s Rectory.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $101,298, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $89,385, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,885, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.43%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01536 has an average population density of 826.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.97%.