Senior Living in 01542 (Rochdale, MA)
- 01542 scores the same as the Rochdale, MA average of 81.
- 01542 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01542 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Fairlawn Rehab Hospital, St Vincent Hospital, and Worcester State Hospital.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including The Meadows of Central Massachusetts, Life Care Center of Auburn, and Brookdale Eddy Pond West.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 148 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Pine Ridge Country Club, Leicester Country Club, and Hillcrest Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Elm Park and Moore State Park).
- There are 78 churches nearby, including Greenville Baptist Church, Temple Baptist Church, and Aloysius St Jude.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,958, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,358, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,177, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.55%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01542 has an average population density of 546.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.01%.