Senior Living in 01550 (Southbridge, MA)
- 01550 scores the same as the Southbridge, MA average of 60.
- 01550 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01550 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Harrington Memorial Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Southbridge Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, Sturbridge Retirement Community Associate Clubhouse, and Charlton Manor Rest Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Cohasse Country Club, Nichols College Golf Club, and Hemlock Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Wells State Park and Nipmuck State Forest).
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Faith Baptist Church, Notre Dame Catholic Church, and Bridge of Faith Youth Center.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,921, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,965, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,923, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.21%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01550 has an average population density of 824.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.27%.