Senior Living in 01561 (South Lancaster, MA)
- 01561 scores the same as the South Lancaster, MA average of 68.
- 01561 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01561 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Clinton Hospital Association).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Hallkeen Assisted Living - Corcoran House, River Terrace Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, and Sterling House Authority.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (13% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including International Course at International Golf Club, The, Twin Springs Golf Course, and Sterling Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Tower Hill Botanic Garden)..
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Seventh-Day Adventist Village, St John\'s Catholic Church, and Church of the Good Shepherd.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $39,029, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,227, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,247, which is in the top 91% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.04%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01561 has a dense population density of 2,682.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.64%.