Senior Living in 01562 (Spencer, MA)
- 01562 scores the same as the Spencer, MA average of 68.
- 01562 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01562 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Fairlawn Rehab Hospital).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including The Meadows of Central Massachusetts, Parsons Hill Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, and Golden LivingCenter-Hermitage.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Leicester Country Club, Hillcrest Country Club, and Bay Path Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Moore State Park and Wells State Park).
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Mary Queen of Rosary Chr, Angilican Church Stjohns, and Aloysius St Jude.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,495, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,420, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,687, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.91%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01562 has a sparse population density of 356.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.97%.