Senior Living in 01568 (Upton, MA)
- 01568 scores the same as the Upton, MA average of 78.
- 01568 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01568 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Milford Regional Medical Center and Westborough State Hospital).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in the area, including Beaumont Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing in Northbridge, Countryside Health Care of Milford, and Whitcomb House.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 93 golf courses nearby, including Highfields Golf & Country Club, Milford Country Club, and Hopkinton Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Upton State Forest, West Hill Dam, and Hopkinton State Park.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Immanuel Chapel of Upton, Evangelical Congregational Chr, and Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $121,606, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $106,397, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,188, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.47%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01568 has a sparse population density of 348.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.23%.