Senior Living in 01585 (West Brookfield, MA)
- 01585 scores the same as the West Brookfield, MA average of 74.
- 01585 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01585 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Baystate Mary Lane Hospital and Wing Memorial Hospital And Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Quaboag Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center, Palmer Healthcare Center, and Sturbridge Retirement Community Associate Clubhouse.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Bay Path Golf Course, Dunroamin Country Club, and Hemlock Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Camp Ramah in New England and Wells State Park).
- There are 16 churches nearby, including Sacred Heart of Jesus, Sacred Heart of Jesus, and St Mary\'s Rectory.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,565, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,179, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,002, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.33%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01585 has a sparse population density of 178.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.05%.