Senior Living in 01604 (Worcester, MA)
- 01604 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Worcester, MA.
- 01604 scores the same as the Worcester, MA average of 64.
- 01604 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01604 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Worcester State Hospital, Umass Memorial Medical Center Inc, and Saint Vincent Hospital.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Blaire House of Worcester, St. Francis Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Wingate at Worcester.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 147 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Worcester Green Hill Municipal Golf Club, Clearview Country Club, and Tatnuck Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Green Hill Park and Elm Park).
- There are 68 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Perpetual Help, St Casimir\'s Catholic Church, and St John\'s Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,464, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,363, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,412, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.10%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01604 has a dense population density of 5,385.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.49%.