Senior Living in 01606 (Worcester, MA)
- 01606 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the highest of any zip code in Worcester, MA.
- 01606 scores significantly higher than the Worcester, MA average of 64.
- 01606 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01606 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Adcare Hospital Of Worcester Inc, Umass Memorial Medical Center, and St Vincent Hospital.
- There are 40 senior living facilities in the area, including Briarwood Continuing Care Retirement Community, Knollwood Nursing Center, and Odd Fellows Home of Massachusetts.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 181 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Worcester Country Club, Worcester Green Hill Municipal Golf Club, and Wachusett Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Green Hill Park, Elm Park, and Tower Hill Botanic Garden.
- There are 80 churches nearby, including St Christoper\'s Rectory, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and Our Lady of the Rosary Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,329, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,234, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,775, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.07%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01606 has a dense population density of 3,217.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.78%.