Senior Living in 01607 (Worcester, MA)
- 01607 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Worcester, MA.
- 01607 scores significantly higher than the Worcester, MA average of 64.
- 01607 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01607 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Saint Vincent Hospital, Umass Memorial Medical Center Inc, and Worcester State Hospital.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Dalton Rest Home, Blaire House of Worcester, and CareOne at Millbury.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 188 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Clearview Country Club, Pakachoag Golf Course, and Tatnuck Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Elm Park and Green Hill Park).
- There are 80 churches nearby, including Emanuel Lutheran Church, Quinsigamond United Methodist, and St Catherine of Sweden Rectory.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,718, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,510, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,805, which is in the top 37% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.63%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01607 has a dense population density of 2,637.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.04%.