Senior Living in 01610 (Worcester, MA)
- 01610 has a SeniorScore® of 53, which is the 9th highest of any zip code in Worcester, MA.
- 01610 scores significantly lower than the Worcester, MA average of 64.
- 01610 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01610 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Vincent Hospital).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Homestead Hall, Dalton Rest Home, and St. Mary Health Care Center.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (13% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Tatnuck Country Club, Worcester Green Hill Municipal Golf Club, and Pakachoag Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Elm Park)..
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Grace Baptist Church, Holy Name of Jesus Rectory, and Our Lady of Czestochowa Rctry.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,015, which is in the top 88% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $30,359, which is in the top 90% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $13,836, which is in the top 94% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.84%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01610 has a very dense population density of 11,262.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 75.35%.