Senior Living in 01731 (Hanscom Afb, MA)
- 01731 scores the same as the Hanscom Afb, MA average of 85.
- 01731 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01731 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Bedford Va Medical Center, Lahey Clinic Hospital, and Lahey Clinic Hospital.
- There are 75 senior living facilities in the area, including The Commons In Lincoln, Douglas House, and Carleton-Willard Village .
- There are 23 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 122 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (1% of the total population).
- There are 97 golf courses nearby, including Pine Meadows Golf Course, Lexington Golf Club, and Patriot Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Lexington Green, Buckman Tavern, and Minute Man National Historical Park - North Bridge.
- There are 37 churches nearby, including Lexington United Methodist Chr, Temple Emunah, and Temple Isaiah of Lexington.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $97,583, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $82,083, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,581, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.62%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01731 has a dense population density of 1,764.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.