Senior Living in 01740 (Bolton, MA)
- 01740 scores the same as the Bolton, MA average of 84.
- 01740 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01740 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Clinton Hospital Association, Marlborough Hospital, and Nashoba Valley Medical Center.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in the area, including River Terrace Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, Hallkeen Assisted Living - Corcoran House, and Meeting House at Stow Condominium Associate.
- There are 15 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 141 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 113 golf courses nearby, including International Course at International Golf Club, The, Twin Springs Golf Course, and Berlin Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Oxbow National Wildlife Refuge, Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge, and Tower Hill Botanic Garden.
- There are 63 churches nearby, including First Parish of Bolton, Trinity Church, and Abbey St Benedict.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $158,187, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $137,120, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $52,282, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.93%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01740 has a sparse population density of 245.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.70%.