Senior Living in 01749 (Hudson, MA)
- 01749 scores the same as the Hudson, MA average of 74.
- 01749 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01749 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Marlborough Hospital).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including The Reservoir Center For Health and Rehabilitation, New Horizons at Madonna Hall, and Hearthstone Alzheimer Care.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 77 golf courses nearby, including Charter Oak Country Club, Marlborough Country Club, and Butternut Farm Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge and Callahan State Park).
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Grace Baptist Church, First United Methodist Church, and St Ann Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $87,962, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,714, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,141, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.72%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 01749 has a dense population density of 1,654.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.71%.