Senior Living in 01756 (Mendon, MA)
- 01756 scores the same as the Mendon, MA average of 78.
- 01756 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 01756 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Milford Regional Medical Center and Landmark Medical Center, Inc).
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Atria Draper Place, Blaire House of Milford, and Whitcomb House.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 119 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 113 golf courses nearby, including Hopedale Country Club, New England Country Club, The, and Maplegate Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (West Hill Dam)..
- There are 57 churches nearby, including Bethany Assembly of God, Sacred Heart of Jesus, and Union Evangelical Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $112,881, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $93,245, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,523, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.42%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 01756 has a sparse population density of 328.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.65%.